Friday, November 2, 2012

Photographs of Kiewiet Birds

This morning I decided to take a walk through the park behind our home.

This time I decided to take my camera with me and to leave the dogs and cats at home.
 
The park outside our home has several small water pools, trees and open fields. The park is also full of bird life and you can even fish in the water pools.
 
I took several pictures of "Kiewiet Birds" in the park. I suspect that they have eggs because the birds kept attaching me when I got close to certain areas of the park.
 
"At some stage I thought I were one of the pigs in the Angry Birds game, as the Kiewiet's kept on attacking me,  They say that a Kiewit does this to draw your attention away from its nests." by Gerald Ferreira.

I loved every moment of it, trying not to cause to much distress for the birds, but getting the opportunity to get really close to these birds. I have used my Sony DSRL Alpha 700 and a 300mm lens to get really close to the birds.
 
Once I got back home to check the photos I were surprised that the images are not as crisp as I thought they were going to be but still clear enough to post them on my blog.
 
This were one of my favorite photographs of the Kiewit's for the day. I think the Kiewit wanted to have a Mexican Standoff with me, and looked rather serious about not giving way.
 
In the end the Kiewiet made way for me, and I were to slow to capture it flying away.

I will try to get some images next time of the Kiewit's flying and maybe one or two where they are attaching.

In the meantime I hope you have enjoyed these photographs, till next time!

For more Images and Photographs of Birds you can visit the 3D Photographers site.

No comments:

Post a Comment